Effective Date: April 20, 2021
1.Information We Collect.
Technical Information Gathered Automatically. When you browse our Websites, you do so anonymously. Generic information from server logs is used to track the number of hits to the Websites and to find out what types of browser software and operating systems visitors use.
Personal Information You Provide to Us. On various pages of the Websites, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as, but not limited to, your name, address, the type of cancer you are affected by, phone number, and email address (“personally identifiable information”). You may provide this information when you register with the Websites or send a message on the Website. In addition, when you register on our Website, your personally identifiable information, including your email address, will be added to our database and email/mail distribution list(s).
Financial Information. ONE CANCER PLACE may collect credit or debit card information.
2. Use of Information. Parts of the Websites are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, communities, programs, or events, donate, or register to become a member of one of our networks, you are able to browse the Website without providing any personally identifiable information, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Below, ONE CANCER PLACE sets forth more detail on how OCP uses your personally identifiable information.
Personal and Contact Information: ONE CANCER PLACE may use your personal and contact information to operate the Website and, in particular, facilitate the education, interactive community and networking capabilities of the Website, advertise its services and the services of its members and third parties, create a personalized experience for you, provide you with news, articles, and information, contact you regarding a survey, get in touch with you when necessary with respect to transactions conducted through the Website, material changes in the Website’s policies and agreements, new products, tools, or services OCP may offer, or otherwise. ONE CANCER PLACE may also share your contact information with OCP’s members, service providers, or business (or funding) partners, as is necessary to provide ONE CANCER PLACE’s services and information, to host, operate, or facilitate transactions through the Website, including, without limitation, donations, registration for membership or events, or for internal business purposes.
The Website may also allow you to create a user profile (“Profile”) and participate in online communication forums (e.g., our communities). Information submission for your Profile is voluntary. ONE CANCER PLACE wishes to remind you that any information you disclose in your Profile or in a communication forum, including any personally identifiable information, will become public information and visible to OCP community members. You may opt out of making such information public by not submitting such information or by contacting ONE CANCER PLACE at email@example.com.
Demographic Information: ONE CANCER PLACE may share demographic data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user, with OCP’s members, partners and affiliates and for other technical or business purposes.
Financial Information: OCP will use financial information to facilitate a donation or other identified transaction(s).
Legal Action: ONE CANCER PLACE may disclose personally identifiable information when legally required to do so in accordance with government requests or regulations or legal proceedings. ONE CANCER PLACEmay also disclose personally identifiable information to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, protect or defend ONE CANCER PLACE’s rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of OCP’s users.
3. Children’s Privacy. ONE CANCER PLACE cares about the safety of children on the Websites and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Website is suitable for a general audience, this Website is intended for use only by users who are over 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority (whichever is greater). Accordingly, ONE CANCER PLACE does not knowingly solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 and reserves the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through the Website to individuals above a certain age.
6. Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites. We sometimes may offer content (e.g., educational material or event promotion) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a Website activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. The Website will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
7. Your Choices. We may use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to provide you with opportunities to offer you information, programs, or services that may be of interest to you. ONE CANCER PLACE may make its customer, conference attendee, and some webcast registrant lists available to other reputable organizations whose products or offerings may be of interest to the ONE CANCER PLACE community. If you would like to opt out of receiving these materials (electronic or hard copy), you may contact ONE CANCER PLACE Customer Care by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe instructions of the communication received.
8. Data Security. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect personally identifiable information submitted to us and under our control against accidental loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure or alteration. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through the Websites. We make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information.
10. Contacting Us., Comments or questions can be directed to ONE CANCER PLACE by using our contact information. You may contact us at: email@example.com.